We work closely with WWL to bring innovative construction soltuons to the commercial, trade and domestic markets. We have expanded our skills and services to bring you the passive house concept. Passive housing is a unique construction concept, a building standard that is truly energy efficient, comfortable, affordable and ecological all at the same time.
A Passive House is more than just a low-energy building…
- Passive houses allow for energy savings of up to 90% compared with typical building stock and over 75% compared with average new builds.
- In terms of heating oil, Passive Houses use less than 1.5 litres per square metre of living space per year: far less than typical low-energy buildings. Similar energy savings have been demonstrated in warm climates where buildings require more energy for cooling than for heating.
- Passive Houses are praised for their high level of comfort, using energy sources inside the building such as body heat or solar heat entering the building.
- Special windows and a building shell consisting of highly insulated exterior walls, roof and floor slab keep the desired warmth in and the undesirable heat out.
- A ventilation system consistently supplies fresh air making for superior air quality without causing any unpleasant draughts. A highly efficient heat recovery unit allows for the heat contained in the exhaust air to be re-used.
The vast energy savings in Passive Houses are achieved by using specific energy efficient building components and a quality ventilation system: